Pillsbury Pot Pie?

0 comments
As a mom with a very active toddler I of course try to stick with meals that are quick and require minimal clean up time. My boyfriend does the best he can to keep Nia occupied but sometimes she refuses to be attached to my hip!

Last week I was sitting down, minding my own business as usual, and a Pillsbury commercial came on that featured Manwich. After picking up my jaw from the floor I went straight to their website to find this recipe Grands Unsloppy Joe. After trying this out and realizing how versatile Grands Biscuits were, I started thinking of what else I could stuff inside of them!

My sister used to make this amazing chicken pot pie that I haven't made in a very long time. I wondered what would happen if i made a "Pillsbury Pot Pie."


Ingredients:

1 Can Pillsbury Biscuits
1/2 lb Chicken Breast (Skinless)
1 Can Cream of Chicken
1 Cup Mixed Vegetables

I cut up the chicken breast, lightly seasoned them with salt & pepper. Added a teaspoon of vegetable oil to my skillet, tossed the chicken in. Once the chicken was thoroughly cooked I added the cream of chicken and mixed vegetables. Allowed this to cook on low for about 10 minutes. Preheated the oven to 375. Placed the biscuits on a cookie sheet and flattened them. Placed a few teaspoons of what was in the skillet on top of the flattened biscuits and folded them closed.

I was pleased with the results but I am definitely working on a way to possibly make this better. My mom suggested adding celery and a friend of mine said potatoes as well as mushrooms! I see I have some work to do.

Have you tried anything from the Pillsbury site or plan to?

0 comments: